Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back on the chain gang

School is back in session again and I am beginning a new school year at Mayport Coastal Sciences Middle School. I teach sixth grade world history and I have a group of amazing students who are beginning their secondary education with me. I, too, was anxious and afraid when I first entered middle school because I was not sure of what this new school would do to me. Was it going to chew me up, spit me out and send me crying back to elementary school. Well, ready or not, the future is here and we can choose how we succeed if we put our minds and hearts into it. As we walk in the Light, here is a simple prayer for our new school year: A Student's Prayer Creator of all things, true source of Light and Wisdom, lofty source of all Being, graciously let a ray of Your Brilliance penetrate into the darkness of my understanding and take from me the double darkness in which I have been born, sin and ignorance. Give me a sharp sense of understanding , a retentive memory, and the ability to grasp things correctly and fundamentally. Grant me the talent of being exact in my explanations, and the ability to express myself with thoroughness and charm. Point out the beginning, direct the progress, help in the completion. Through Christ our Lord. St. Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment