Saturday, August 24, 2019

Hello, Stranger

It is good to be back. I took for granted that I could use social media as my megaphone as well as my lazy man's excuse for blogging but there are times when I cannot express my feelings in a tweet. And there are other times when I feel that my Facebook followers don't always want to read the equivalent of 'War and Peace' when I post. So, here I am. But how did I get back here after such a long hiatus? Well, I was inspired by a retiring Unity minister named Rev. Greg Barrette. I first crossed paths with him when I was a delegate at the International Youth of Unity conference at Unity Village, Missouri. He was a young seminary student who spoke to us in chapel services about the world's major religions and how they are interconnected like the spokes of a giant wheel. The closer we are to the hub, he said, is the closer we are to our true nature as one spirit. The further out toward the rim of the wheel, he said, we are driven by the interpretation that men and women place on the so-called fundamentals of what they believe to be worth killing and dying over. But I digress, I saw a recent post of Rev. Barrette's about the importance of keeping a journal. I was inspired but still found myself struggling to find the time to sit down and write an entry. Today is the day that I begin keeping a journal again. I hope that this entry in my blog is the beginning of something beautiful going forward. And I hope that I have provided you with some light in your life as well. I am not ashamed to accept love offerings from people. If you wish to support my blog and my life's work as an educator and potential minister, please feel free to cash app me at $johnmeeks1974 or send a PayPal donation to johnmeeks@bellsouth.net. Money talks and it would be an awesome incentive for me to keep speaking my Truth for you and our world. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment