Saturday, September 14, 2019

Awakening

This past week, I had lab work done in preparation for my annual physical. I have a Vitamin D deficiency. And I am not surprised. I work in a classroom with no windows to the outside. I often either arrive at work before dawn or leave work after dusk. So I do feel as if I could be evolving into a mole person. I do have glasses now, but that was my astigmatism that went undetected until last year. Yes, I got my first pair of glasses at the age of 43. Back to the whole Vitamin D thing. I can't just fault my job for my deficiency. I rarely venture outside in the Florida sun that so many seasonal visitors envy as they dream of the playground that Connie Francis sang about and now News of the Weird regularly features. Don't look at me; I am a winter person. I would much rather bundle up on a cold day than feel like the sun is going to incinerate me within seconds of stepping into my hot car on the doggiest day of August. I am going to take supplements (gummies are cool) while I wait to see my doctor next week. If this Vitamin D deficiency is real, it does explain a lot. The symptoms listed online match what I have been going through as of late, but could not quite put a finger on. Well, neither did my doctors. So, there's that. I am focused on solutions, so forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment